DARE Venture Group is skyrocketing in growth and we need your expertise! We have an immediate need for a Systems Engineer to support the mission critical work of one of our most important DoD customers within Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communication (C2BMC) in Huntsville, Alabama. Don’t live here yet? No problem. We have moving benefits for candidates we just can’t bear to not have on the team!
Want to directly impact the success of a program critical to our nation’s strategic priorities of multi-domain command and control? Come join our dynamic team in a fast-paced and fun environment geared towards advancing capabilities for both Missile Defense and space mission warfighters. With great benefits (including medical, dental and vision, paid PTO, life & disability packages, retirement plans, and more) and teammates, DARE is working everyday to change the game with defense contracting. Join us!
Location: Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL (up to 20% remote work)
Travel: Minimal travel is expected (less than 10%) and will be reimbursed based on DARE policy, GSA per diem rates, and DoD Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), as required.
Security Clearance: Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
COVID Considerations: This position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
- Lead development and review of program requirements, which may include system and element level specifications and Interface Control Documents (ICD), with a focus on Global C2BMC capability development to support joint space, missile defense, and Multi-Domain Command and Control (C2) objectives
- Interface with internal C2BMC and external mission partner Systems Engineering leads, Chief Engineers, or technical representatives regarding requirements
- Support review of requirements verification and validation plans and results with a focus on Global C2BMC
- Support development of system assessment plans and review of assessment results including Global C2BMC performance and algorithm assessment
- Interface with Data as a Service (DaaS) entities or similar external organizations regarding external data needs or interface requirements requested of Global C2BMC
- Support program Engineering Review Boards (ERB) / Integration Configuration Control Boards (ICCB)
- Support Program Management Reviews or Executive status/decision briefs, as needed
- Review Contracts documentation (SOW, Tech Evaluations, etc.), as required
- Provide advice, expertise, and technical guidance to program manager and team in areas related to program requirements
- Effectively communicate – clearly, concisely, and accurately – both orally and written
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical or scientific discipline with 5+ years of related DoD experience required
- US Citizen with a current active DoD Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Experience working in DoD programs and on classified and special access programs (SAP)
- Self-starter: thrive in dynamic team environment and ability to communicate well with Senior Executive Service and senior military officer leadership
- Ability to solve complex problems with attention to detail, including internal and external organization coordination to accomplish program common goals
- Ability to multi-task and react to quick-turn requests/tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 10+ years of relevant DoD, MDA and/or Industry work experience with SAP and/or SCI
- Understanding of the Missile Defense System (MDS)
- Familiarity with Rational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, DARE Venture Group will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
DARE Venture Group, LLC is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.