DARE Venture Group is skyrocketing in growth and we need your expertise! We have an immediate need for a Database Administrator to support the mission critical work of one of our most important DoD customers at Nellis, AFB, NV. Don’t live here yet? No problem. We have moving benefits for candidates we just can’t bear to not have on the team!
Want to work with some of the Air Force’s leading edge aircraft? Come join our dynamic team in a fast-paced and fun environment geared towards advancing capabilities for the Air Force warfighter. With great benefits (including medical, dental and vision, paid PTO, life & disability packages, retirement plans, and more) and teammates, DARE is working everyday to change the game with defense contracting. Join us!
Location: Nellis AFB, Las Vegas, NV
Travel: Minimal travel is expected (for contingency and surge operations) and will be reimbursed based on DARE policy, GSA per diem rates, and DoD Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), as required.
Security Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
COVID Considerations: This position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
- Participate in the design, creation, and maintenance of computerized databases
- Complete quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data
- Work with management to develop database strategies to support organizational requirements
- Consult with and advise users on access to various databases and resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage
- Direct the maintenance and use of the corporate data dictionary
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical discipline with 5+ years of experience required
- US Citizen with a current active DoD Secret Clearance
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher certification (i.e. Security + or equivalent certification)
- Extensive experience with SQL Server
- Experience with unstructured and big data concepts
- Experience with Hadoop
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ironclad sense of urgency with mission focus
- Ability to communicate with executive-level staff, senior military leaders and civilian government officials as part of a diverse team
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Ability to work multiple projects and rapidly integrate and support new environments
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, DARE Venture Group will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
DARE Venture Group, LLC is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.